Ladakh attracts many cyclist & riders because of its undisturbed beauty and less crowded roads. The roads are rugged yet too scenic to be tired! The nature is truly in its best form and amazes us every single time. It is one of the toughest terrains in India but trust us, it is totally worth it! Manali to Leh cycling expedition is a scenic ride traversing through some of the highest passes in the world making it one of the most challenging rides. So pack your bags, ship your bicycles, set your riding gear and get ready for an adventure that will blow your mind away!
Duration : 12D/11N
Difficulty : HIgh
Riding Days : 8 or 9
Total Distance : 580 kms
Max Altitude : 17580
• Ride Captain - Our highly experienced lead rider accompanies you on the tour on cycle
• An experienced mechanic & supply team
• SUV/MUV with an experienced driver for the complete tour as a backup vehicle & supplies
• Map with elevation profiles
• Meals throughout the journey (Breakfast , Lunch & Dinner). Also Tea, soft drinks & snacks for evenings.
• Chocolates, dry fruits & fruits
• Packaged mineral water throughout the tour
• All sightseeing, tolls, permits, etc on the tour
• All inner line permits required for foreign & domestic traveller
• First aid with required medicines, oxygen cylinder
• We have a varied choice of food in most places.
• Accommodation in good listed hotels / luxury camps/ Guest Houses/ Campsite on double occupancy basis
• A kit with essentials like maps, basic tools, etc to keep with you at all times
• Sachets of re-hydration mixture
• Any expenses incurred due to Force Majeure.
• Personal expenses like telephone, laundry, tips, drinks etc
• Any other items not mentioned in the inclusions.
• Flight Tickets
Upon your arrival at Manali, reach and check into the hotel.
In the afternoon, get a ride to Naggar and Roerich Art Gallery.
Enjoy the evening at leisure and return to hotel for stay.
Briefing to all riders followed by dinner.
An early morning start and all of you will be taken in Support vehicle to Marhi along with Cycles. This provision is provided to avoid riding in heavy traffic and there are no good option to stay in Marhi
Making it to Rohtang on day one gives you good confidence for the further ride.
Cycle along the zig-zag roads to Rohtang La (3978m).
After reaching the pass, continue cycling downhill to Khoksar village.
Stay overnight in the tents / guesthouse / hotel at Sissu.
Start off cycling from Lahaul Valley to Tandi where the confluence of Chandra and Baga can be witnessed.
From Tandi, climb up till Keylong.
After exploring Keylong, descend to Jispa.
Stay overnight in Jispa.
Today, you are going to discover the beautiful green meadows and pastureland to Darch at a height of 3235 meters.
At Darcha, halt for a while to enjoy a cup of tea.
Continue climbing, until you reach Patseo (3650m).
Upon arrival, check-in to your room or tent for the stay overnight.
Cross the Himalayas to Sarchu and experience the hectic day along with some fun and adventure.
Climb up to the Baralacha La Pass (4892m).
Once you reach, you will witness the captivating views of snow-covered Barashigri, Chandrabhaga and Mulkila Peaks.
Continue cycling and ride past Kiling Serai to reach Sarchu. Stay overnight in Sarchu
Start cycling early today as you have to ride a long distance today.
Firstly, climb across Brandy Nallah and Whisky Nallah toward Gata Loops.
Also, climb up to the Nakli La (4800 meters) and Lachalung La Pass (5100 meters).
Afterwards, cross the Zanskar Range and witness the captivating views.
From Lachalung La Pass, start an easy ride down till you reach Pang.
Stay overnight in tents at Pang
Start the day with a short ascent to the Morey Plains (4700m).
we will be making up till worlds second highest motor able road Cross Tanglang La (5,328 m), from here once we are on top experience the charming views of the Himalayas and Karakoram Range.
Proceed to cover a long zig zag descent to reach Rumptse.
Stay overnight in Rumptse.
Cycle along the Kyamnar River down to Upshi.
Also, en route, visit Hemis, the largest and richest Ladakhi monasteries.
Also visit ancient temples and Buddha statues.
Start to cycle beside the Indus River and pass through Karu, Tikse and the ruins of Shey Palace.
At the final stage, leave Indus and enter Leh.
Once you arrive in Leh, check-in to your hotel and relax.
Spend a relaxed day at hotel & local sigh seeing tour will be arranged in Suv for all. Visit to Thiksey Monastery, Shey palace & Shanti stupa.
(Check out for 10 day Tour)
Relax and let your body take some rest. Beacuse next day is going to be the world's highest motorable road!
Ride to Khardung La (5602m), one of the highest motorable passes in the morning.
Cycle from Leh till the top of the pass and relish the beautiful views of the Karakorams, Ladakh and Zanskar mountains.
Take a halt for a while and then head to enjoy a fantastic downhill ride back to Leh.
Stay overnight at the hotel.
Airport drop post breakfast, depart from Leh.